If you thought the Ms Pacman cocktail arcade game was in the World Video Game Hall
of Fame, you would be incorrect. It's been on the shortlist for entry -- it was on the shortlist both this season and last year. It hasn't made the cut though.
Actually, no 1980s arcade games combined the Hall of Fame this year. That said, the judges failed
to select a classic 1990s arcade game. This was also to console games, a mid-70s text-based adventure game, and a game that was packed free in the Microsoft Windows operating platform.
Classic 1980s (and Pre-1980s) Arcade Games around the Shortlist but What Makes the Cut
The World Video Game Hall of Fame is handled by The Strong's National Museum of Play.
These are some of the great 1980s arcade games that have cut in the Last hurdle this year:
• Ms Pac-Man -- a finalist for two years now so, hopefully, It Is Going to get the recognition it deserves in future decades
• Centipede -- the 1981 award winning classic from Atari that provided gameplay like Space Invaders but with bugs instead of spaceships
• Asteroids -- the brilliant multidirectional shooter published by Atari in 1979 that was one of the first arcade games to achieve widespread popularity
The 2019 Inductees
• Mortal Kombat -- that is the only arcade game to get into the World Video Game Hall of Fame at 2019. Through time, indoor jungle gym equipment
various titles and versions of the game have been released on a range of different platforms. The first four incarnations, however, beginning in 1992, were arcade just.
• Microsoft Solitaire -- packed in the Windows operating system, it's been mechanically installed on countless computers around the world. Since 1990, it has helped workplace workers pretend to be active and is now played 35 billion times a year.
• Super Mario Kart -- the fun and popular racing game which was first released in 1992.
• Colossal Cave Adventure -- an obscure (compared to another huge video game titles mentioned in this article) text-based adventure game released in 1976. To play it, you compose commands and there aren't any graphics. The intention is to find treasures and solve puzzles.
Hopefully, Ms Pac-Man gets her opportunity next year. You don't have to wait till then to perform it though, especially in the event that you have your own arcade system. Have a look at our range now.